USB device won't connect

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamesMc, Apr 9, 2020.

1. JamesMc

JamesMc Bit poster

I am trying to connect a Pololu servo motor controller (micro maestro) via USB to a Windows 7 VM hosted on Catalina 10.15.4 (I'm working on upgrading the VM to Windows 10 and Parallels 15, but the servo motor is more urgent.) I'm quite sure that the controller correctly connected exactly one time. Now, Parallels is having a fit.
    Specifically, I can see the controller in macOS System Report when the VM is not running. The Controller is not in Parallels> Preferences> Devices> Permanent Assignments. When I plug in the controller, the Parallels selection window opens, and proceeds cycle close, open, close... about every 5 seconds. If I catch it and ask to connect to the VM, then I get the "Unable to connect... Try later" error message. If I close that error, it will reappear in about 3 seconds, over and over again, making the VM unusable until I unplug the controller.
    I assume this is not the intended behavior, even when Parallels can't make the connection. Any troubleshooting suggestions?