USB-Serial Converter

Nancyh1980

Bit poster
Hope you guys could of help.

I was given a Macbook Air. Thus going through arduous task of learning Mac.

(3) of my work software are not design for Mac OS.

I just purchased parallel 7. Have several questions. I know they sound simple but.
1) Should I install Windows 7 as like Mac or like PC Option. The only time that I go to windows 7 is to operate the mentioned three software. I tried the like Mac option and the screen is only of the desktop.
2) One of the software requires Keyspan USA-19H USB-Serial converter to communicate with other equipment. Do I install the driver for this converter within the windows 7 (since I will operate the software within windows 7) virtual machine or just within the Mac OS? The company has separate drivers for Mac and for Windows.

I am sure as I wade through the Apple muddy water, I will have more questions. Thanks so much for your help.
 
1) This is just your personal preference of whether you want Parallels to look more like a Mac or a PC.

2) You install software in Windows and connect the hardware to the Windows VM (Devices menu -> USB). If you need to use it on the Mac side for anything, then you would need to install on the Mac side as well.

Steve
 
Back
Top