USB Serial Driver for Win11 on M1 Mac

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by EricP1, Jan 6, 2023.

Tags:
  1. EricP1

EricP1 Bit poster

I just installed Windows 11 under the latest Parallels on an M1 Mac. To my (very pleasant!) surprise, some software that says it absolutely won't work in that configuration actually works just fine (albeit a bit slowly), but I'm having issues with the USB interface.

I have a USB device that shows up as "Port->COM4:" when I connect it to a PC or Parallels Windows on an Intel Mac, but on this machine, it shows up as "Other->Alchitry Au" (the device name) and my program won't communicate with it.

I believe this is just a simple serial interface, but I'm not an expert.

Any advice for how I can fix this? I have a workaround to use the Mac for that step, but it's kind of a nuisance.

2. RachelL1

RachelL1 Member

Dear Eric,
    did you found a solution for your problem?
    I have exactly the same problem with a FEIG USB device
    I have uploaded a print screen
    under Windows 10 it was working absolutely perfect, and now I cannot find the solution
    if someone can help this would be highly appreciated

Attached Files:

3. EricP1

EricP1 Bit poster

I have not found a solution. Weirdly, I was able to install Arduino IDE, which uses the same chipset and it works just fine, but it still doesn't recognize the Alchitry board.

4. Jeff_VA2SS

Jeff_VA2SS Junior Member

Hi gentlemen, you must have an ARM version for Windows of the driver. At the moment, you seems to have a X86 driver that will indeed not work on an ARM OS.

5. RickW7

RickW7 Bit poster