USB2.0 device needs disconnecting/reconnecting after each use

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndrewJ7, Dec 14, 2019.

1. AndrewJ7

AndrewJ7 Member

I've been working with a microcontroller board plugged into USB with a Win10 guest for quite some time, developing and testing software. The compiler/debugger can connect to the board for development purposes with no problem. However, since updating my Mac to Catalina, after each debug session I have to disconnect the board and then reconnect it otherwise the IDE can't find it (Eclipse, with CDT.) I do this by clicking on the USB controller icon to connect it to the Mac, then clicking it again to connect it to Windows. Before updating to Catalina, I had no problems at all with it. It's as if disconnecting the debug session is disconnecting the board from USB (it isn't, because Parallels is still showing it connected.)

I have no idea if this is a Parallels issue, a Mac OS issue or what. I don't think the board itself is relevant in this scenario - it works fine when recognised which it is every time I connect it. It's just weird behaviour that has started. Is there some new setting in Parallels or MacOS that I'm not aware of?