Use Icon Badge in Alternative to Bouncing

ZebangZ

Bit poster
When I receive messages from a Windows app, I want the icon on macOS dock to show a badge, so that I will not be too interrupt or miss the message.
When a Windows app glitters in the taskbar, it might be an error (such as File Explorer). But it might also be a notification for some IM apps. I knew taskbar has a badge feature but few Windows app conform this feature. Icon bouncing, however, is too annoying for a message. I knew I can shut bouncing down in Parallels' setting but I will miss the message in this case.
I suppose, icon bouncing should keep being the default action, but users can customize some Windows apps as exception to show icon badge. I am not sure whether third party apps have the api to show ! on the badge, but this seems to be more "correct" than 1. Still, showing a 1 badge is better than icon bouncing for new messages.
 
Back
Top