Use Mac as 2 monitor for WIN10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by OliverH13, Jan 14, 2023.

1. OliverH13

OliverH13 Bit poster

Hello,

I work in a home office with a company laptop operating system WIN10. On this VPN among other important, relevant programs are installed.
    As 2 monitor I would now like to use my MAC 27 with Retina display, operating system Ventura 13.1.
    I imagine that I can connect the laptop with the Mac, on which Parallels / WIN10 is also installed.
    Does this work? Does Parallels also have to be installed on the laptop for this?
    Thanks for your creative contributions!
    Greetings!

2. Hemshikha Seetul

Hemshikha Seetul Parallels Support

Hello there,
    First, we would like to clarify that Parallels Desktop is to be installed on Macs allowing you to run different Operating Systems[Windows, Linux, Debian, MacOS and others ...] on it. Also, the installation of Windows 10 is possible only on Intel Macs. Currently, Windows 11 ARM is the only Windows version supported by the Parallels Desktop on ARM Based Macs.
    Lastly, your Mac cannot be used as a monitor connecting to another laptop with Windows Operating System on it, as it is itself a machine, and not a screen.