Using a VM to test Mojave

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PeterM23, Dec 5, 2018.

1. PeterM23

PeterM23 Bit poster

My Mac is running El Capitain with Parallels 14. I have created a new VM running Mojave so that I can test some old versions of applications to see if they will work. I also have a Windows 10 VM. The Window VM works fine but I have a number of issues with the Mojave VM:

1. The screen resolution is very poor and I don't seem to be able to adjust it - it's currently set to "best for retina".
    2. iTunes has picked up all of the purchased music but won't play any of it.
    3. It's slow!

Thoughts on any of the above would be helpful

Thanks

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please uninstall Parallels Tools (Finder> Application> Parallels Tools and right click on it and select "move to trash").Then install Parallels Tools again by following the steps in this article, restart macOS Mojave virtual machine and check the issue.

3. PeterM23

PeterM23 Bit poster

Many thanks. That has fixed items 1 and 2. It still seems a bit slow but that is probably my old machine.
    I do have one other problem: If I load a DVD into the drive, the DVD player opens but it won't play :(
    Any ideas?

Thanks

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Please refer this article to connect CD/DVD drive to your Mac OS virtual machine.