V14 does not live up to the marketing

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MichaelG9, Sep 26, 2018.

1. MichaelG9

MichaelG9 Bit poster

Not sure if this is the right place to post this... so apologies in advance. Pointers are welcome.
    My experience of Parallels Desktop for Mac v14 is that it is VERY VERY SLOW. The whole marketing jazz that it's 30% faster is not reality. I've used Parallels since V3. V12 booted quickly. V14 takes my iMac machine nearly 10 mins. Just saying. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MichaelG9, Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac brings a new feature: CPU Usage Monitor. Look at VM window tray and CPU Usage Monitor will light up in red when CPU usage in Windows is above 70%. Click on CPU Usage monitor to see what processes in Windows use computer's CPU. Clicking on a process name will open Windows Task Manager showing the selected process, can you please send us a Technical Data collected right after the Task manager and activity monitor screen (Help menu > Send Technical Data...)? This will help us significantly, please reply me back with the report ID number.

3. MandeepS1

MandeepS1 Bit poster

I recently switched to Mac and noticed the same issue. I wonder how did you resolve it?

4. RobertS99

RobertS99 Bit poster

I had the same problem but on my Windows computer. When I had my iMac, all apps were running smoothly.