Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
V4 is "not useable" slow.
I updated .NET 3.5 on win PC - took a few minutes. On MacBook Pro running Parallels 4, it took 30 minutes.
Is there a way to speed this up?
bob
The HAL is chosen when you install windows, as far as I know the HAL will not update/change by switching on or off a CPU after windows has been installed.I wouldn't change the number of CPU's. It's a one way switch(once the HAL changes, it won't go back) and switching took my windows boot times from < 30 seconds to several minutes.
See http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=32047 starting around post #8:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309283What it doesn't say is whether it changes back when you remove a CPU. So far in my experience, it doesn't.
Otoc: All of MS' activating products will force reactivation when they recognize certain number of hardware changes. When you boot to bootcamp, windows will see the actual Apple hardware, while in P4 windows will see virtualized hardware. I would hope that Parallels would have thought of this and made sure that the virtualized profile was close enough to the boot camp profile to avoid activation, but I'm not sure. AFAIK, just changing number of CPU's shouldn't trigger activation. Changing number of CPU's, type of cpus, drive controller, hard drive serial number, NIC MAC address, CD-ROM drive, amount of RAM, and type of video card certainly would trigger activation.