I am a registered owner of Parallels Desktop 2.5 build 3188. I have an HP DeskJet 6980 inkjet printer connected to my AirPort network via the USB port on my AirPort Express. All Macs on the network can see the printer with no problem. I have installed the drivers for my printer onto my virtual machine, which is running Windows XP Pro SP2.
When I attempt to connect from Windows to my printer using Apple's Bonjour printer wizard, the printer is initially visible, but within a second or two it simply vanishes: it blinks on and off the network as if the virtual machine cannot see it consistently. It is impossible to complete setup or print anything to it from the virtual machine.
Thinking that maybe this was a pecularity of this particular model, I dug our old Canon i950 out of storage and tried that in its place. The result was precisely the same: the printer initially appeared in the Bonjour wizard, then vanished.
Is there a known issue with connecting to AirPort networked USB printers via Bonjour? I scoured the FAQ and documentation, but they both seem to indicate that this should work fine. I submitted this same support request via the email support mechanism just now, but I thought it'd be prudent to check here too. I found several similar threads, but all of them indicated that Bonjour should be the solution, not the problem! Ah well....
Thanks,
Eric
When I attempt to connect from Windows to my printer using Apple's Bonjour printer wizard, the printer is initially visible, but within a second or two it simply vanishes: it blinks on and off the network as if the virtual machine cannot see it consistently. It is impossible to complete setup or print anything to it from the virtual machine.
Thinking that maybe this was a pecularity of this particular model, I dug our old Canon i950 out of storage and tried that in its place. The result was precisely the same: the printer initially appeared in the Bonjour wizard, then vanished.
Is there a known issue with connecting to AirPort networked USB printers via Bonjour? I scoured the FAQ and documentation, but they both seem to indicate that this should work fine. I submitted this same support request via the email support mechanism just now, but I thought it'd be prudent to check here too. I found several similar threads, but all of them indicated that Bonjour should be the solution, not the problem! Ah well....
Thanks,
Eric