Ventura Freeze with 100%CPU

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by FlorentF, May 16, 2023.

1. FlorentF

FlorentF Bit poster

Hello,

I'm currently using free trail version of parallels with a Mac mini (Monterey).

I have installed a first VM with Big Sur which works perfectly. I also installed a VM with Ventura but I've got a problem. The VM goes up to 100% CPU and freeze and stays in that state until I stop it.

I send a report, ID report : 424985633

please help.

Thanks

2. FlorentF

FlorentF Bit poster

3. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As a possible solution, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. From the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen, choose System Preferences, then click Software Update. When Software Update finds macOS Ventura, click Upgrade Now to install it.
    2. Download Parallels Desktop 18.3.1 from the below link:
    https://download.parallels.com/desktop/v18/18.3.1-53614/ParallelsDesktop-18.3.1-53614.dmg
    3. Start your Ventura virtual machine and Click Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools. Once the process is completed, restart your virtual machine to apply changes.
    If the issue still persists, kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you!!!

FlorentF likes this.
  4. FlorentF

FlorentF Bit poster

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer.
    For technical reasons, we have to stray on Monterey. But thanks to next steps it's working properly now !

Thank you :D