Version 11

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ColleenC, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ColleenC

ColleenC Bit poster

Hi, I purchased version 11 and the site automatically downloaded 14. I didn't pay attention as this is totally new to me. I installed and installed windows 8.1. But I am getting 'trial' messages. So... do I need to uninstall version 14 to install version 11? Will I have to reinstall my windows? Thanks.

2. Hi, if you purchase Parallels Desktop 11 version, you need to install 11 version and you Windows VM will be save and you will be able to use it. But we recommend to make a backup copy of you VM. If you need link to download 11 version, please let us know.

3. ColleenC

ColleenC Bit poster

Thank you, Maria, for responding.
    Please forgive me if I seem dense... but the arena of virtual machines is entirely new to me.
    So, are you saying that I simply run the installation for version 11?

1. I do not have to remove version 14 or what ever it is.
    2. I do not have to reinstall windows, because it is going to be safe.

Is that correct?

4. Yes, you need to uninstall 14 version first, then download and install 11 version. (Please find the download links in this KB article)
    You can use your Windows VM without reinstalling it, just start Parallels Desktop and then start your Windows vm from control center.
    And what about your MacOS? Please note that Parallels Desktop 11 is not compatible with MacOs Mojave (Please find more info about Parallels Desktop and MacOs compatibility here )
    and let me know if you have any questions.