Version 14.1.3 (45485) window resolution problem?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Mark Fine, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

When windows lose focus, they tend to forget what the screen resolution is: Windows shrink and any sub-windows' resolution gets reduced (size of fonts increase, image sizes increase, etc.). This happens in regular windowed mode as well as convergence. I've seen this in Linux as well as Windows 10 VMs, so it's likely not Tools-related.

Unsure if it's part of this, but I've also noticed mouse clicks that occasionally don't register correctly. The whole release has a clunky feel about it in general.

Was this tested before it was released? The release notes were sketchy, giving the usually lazy "stability and bug improvements". What stability problem could possibly be 'corrected' to introduce these new instabilities and bugs?

2. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

This is most definitely NOT a RAM allocation problem, since the windows have the correct resolution when created and are focused. It's only when they go to the back that they get messed up. Nice try, but no cigar.

3. My bad. Did you check this article for the resolution troubleshooting https://kb.parallels.com/114700

4. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

I may have jumped the gun.
    The problem happened only once after updating to 14.1.3, ensuring pr_tools updated in all VMs, then shutting each down and restarting Parallels. It hasn't happened since. Everything has run fine since.
    It's very possible that some configuration file wasn't properly updated the first time through (or was cached somewhere and needed a reboot - I've seen that happen with things in ~/Library/Application Support before). Still, might be something for the engineers to check.

Maria@Parallels likes this.