Very confussed.

JuelzD

Bit poster
I am a new mac owner and I need to run windows virtually, so I would like to use parallels, I downloaded the trial version to see if it was worth the investment and tried to get setup using windows 7 but it is telling me I have to use Windows 10.. is parallels limited to Windows 10 only?
 
Hi JuelzD, Parallels Desktop does support Windows 7 as a virtual machine. Please refer to this article to know the list of supported guest operating system on Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
 
I finally got parallels virtual machine running. I can say it is worth the headache of getting set up, no more bootcamp!
The only down side I see currently is Battery life. I can watch it drop like a rock.

I have also experienced a lack of RAM on the virtual machine and can only bump it up to 50% of macbook total..... So I am upgrading Macbooks with more memory. Now my question is; what is the best way to load window on new macbook? should I load thru bootcamp or right thru parallels? Meaning is there a benefit or performance difference on how windows is loaded?
 
Sylvester, Thanks for articles. While they explain what I already accomplished. My question is if there is a performance difference between different installs. Bootcamp (partitioned hard drive) or just leave hard drive as is and install.
I do like what parallels does, but there customer service and getting help, is not all that great.

If there is not a "performance" difference, I do understand how to install and get running. Thanks in advance.
 
Hi JuelzD, Parallels Desktop does support Windows 7 as a virtual machine. Please refer to this article to know the list of supported guest operating system on Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
After I made this thread I realised I was not seeing a particular button and managed to install windows 7.. but now you're saying it can't be done.. but I have done it so I am curious now.
 
Back
Top