Parallels 3212 (now 3214) has turned my MacBook Pro into a G3 PowerBook with VirtualPC like speeds.
I 'updated' from 3170 to 3212 and Parallels came to a grinding halt. Performance on the entire system is EXTREMELY slow when Parallels launches and while Parallels is running. The CLOCK actually stops while Parallels launches and I get frequent SPOD/beachballs in other applications and while switching between applications in the Mac OS.
Performance of my MacBook Pro is normal when Parallels is NOT running.
I submitted earlier info in the thread below, but got no response.
"http://forum.parallels.com/post66075-linear.html#post66075"
On 6/15/07, I also submitted a ticket to Parallels. '[Parallels #166388] [Web Support]: Processor use. SLOW performance'
I got the following message back:
'Our support engineer will contact you within 3 business days. We thank you for your patience and look forward to answering your question as soon as possible!'
Well it's been 10 calendar days and no matter how you count that's a lot more than 3 business days!!!!
I need this problem fixed ASAP.
Mac OS 10.4.10
Parallels 3214
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo.
I 'updated' from 3170 to 3212 and Parallels came to a grinding halt. Performance on the entire system is EXTREMELY slow when Parallels launches and while Parallels is running. The CLOCK actually stops while Parallels launches and I get frequent SPOD/beachballs in other applications and while switching between applications in the Mac OS.
Performance of my MacBook Pro is normal when Parallels is NOT running.
I submitted earlier info in the thread below, but got no response.
"http://forum.parallels.com/post66075-linear.html#post66075"
On 6/15/07, I also submitted a ticket to Parallels. '[Parallels #166388] [Web Support]: Processor use. SLOW performance'
I got the following message back:
'Our support engineer will contact you within 3 business days. We thank you for your patience and look forward to answering your question as soon as possible!'
Well it's been 10 calendar days and no matter how you count that's a lot more than 3 business days!!!!
I need this problem fixed ASAP.
Mac OS 10.4.10
Parallels 3214
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo.