Video files issue

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PabloL1, Jan 9, 2017.

1. PabloL1

PabloL1 Bit poster

Hello, I recently installed parallels and windows 10. After a few days I open my tv shows folder (located on my imac) in the windows 10 virtual machine with the Movies & TV app. Now all the VLC video files for my tv shows have the Movies & TV parallels icon. I deleted parallels and windows from my mac and the icons on my video files are still there. Another thing is that I also had a hard drive plugged in an airport extreme to watch movies and shows on my macbook pro. Now if i access the video files on the hard drive from either the macbook or the imac I can't open some of them; VLC gives me an error: The application "VLC" can't be opened -36.

Extra:
    When i plug the hard drive on my macbook (doesn't have parallels) all the icons for the video files are regular vlc files, and i can open every video file
    When i plug the hard drive on my imac (had parallels) some of the icons for the video files are the Movies & TV parallels icon
    When the hard drive is plugged into my airport extreme on my imac some video files have the Movies & TV parallels icon, and some have a regular vlc icon, and both on my macbook and imac I can't open some video files

Thank you very much for reading this

2. Hi, and do you have any issues with Parallels installed?