Virtual Machine is Corrupted since Catalina install

ChrisT17

Bit poster
Ever since I updated to MacOS Catalina, my Windows 10 disk image is reported as being corrupt and needing to be removed every time I resume it.

If I completely quit the Parallels app and then restart it, it will load up the Windows 10 disk image without issue.

Any ideas?
 
Ever since I updated to MacOS Catalina, my Windows 10 disk image is reported as being corrupt and needing to be removed every time I resume it.

If I completely quit the Parallels app and then restart it, it will load up the Windows 10 disk image without issue.

Any ideas?
Are you using the latest version of Parallels Desktop?
 
Yes, I got a reply yesterday from Parallels support via FB Messenger. They gave me the following instructions which seems to have fixed this issue.
I suggest you to follow these steps:
1) Remove the existing virtual machine, refer to https://kb.parallels.com/5029
NOTE: Select the option 'Keep Files' if you see such a prompt.
2) Once removed, open Finder > Search '.PVM'.
3) Double click on the PVM file you find in result to start virtual machine.
4) Once started check on the issue.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I am running Parallels Desktop 14 on macOS Mojave. When I run macOS Catalina.pvm, I wait, but it stop quickly after starting.
 
Back
Top