Hi
My mac crashed earlier today and my Windows 10 virtual machine can no longer access the internet. It was fine before the crash. I ran Windows Network Adaptor diagnostics and it said ""Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration". This is the full report:
Windows Network Diagnostics
Issues found
"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
Not fixed
Investigate router or broadband modem issues
Failed
Reset the "Ethernet" adapter
Completed
Issues found
Diagnostics Information (Network Adaptor)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:
Network adapter Ethernet driver information:
Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.17.10.8
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\net1ic64.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : 19 March 2019 04:43:34
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E10D3.10.0.1
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_10d3
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14
I'm afraid all this means nothing to me so I've no idea if it's any use or not!
I saw a post somewhere saying to change from Shared Network to Bridged Network Default Adaptor but get a message saying "The Default Adaptor network adaptor is not connected to the network".
As I said, I haven't got a clue so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you... Willa
My mac crashed earlier today and my Windows 10 virtual machine can no longer access the internet. It was fine before the crash. I ran Windows Network Adaptor diagnostics and it said ""Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration". This is the full report:
Windows Network Diagnostics
Issues found
"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
Not fixed
Investigate router or broadband modem issues
Failed
Reset the "Ethernet" adapter
Completed
Issues found
Diagnostics Information (Network Adaptor)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:
Network adapter Ethernet driver information:
Description . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Intel Corporation
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 12.17.10.8
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\Windows\INF\net1ic64.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : 19 March 2019 04:43:34
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : E10D3.10.0.1
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_8086&dev_10d3
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14
I'm afraid all this means nothing to me so I've no idea if it's any use or not!
I saw a post somewhere saying to change from Shared Network to Bridged Network Default Adaptor but get a message saying "The Default Adaptor network adaptor is not connected to the network".
As I said, I haven't got a clue so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you... Willa