continued from previous...
Okay, step three of the VM upgrade stopped responding after about a half hour. The progress bar remained in the same spot for 30 minutes so I force quit, rebooted and restarted Parallels. Once again, it allowed me to log onto the VM but it did not have my desktop items and I was prompted to activate Windows XP. I skipped the prompt and waited about 3 minutes and like last time, Parallels VM upgrade took control and it resumed the upgrade at step number four.
This step completed successfully and the VM started with all of my personal preferences in tact. The only preference that was overridden was Parrallels wanted to run in cohesive mode... which I don't prefer. But everything is available on my VM as before. It still prompts me to activate my Windows software which I will no problem.
I am left wondering if I should have upgraded Parallels from 3 to 5 prior to upgrading to Snow Leopard. I don't know if it would have been any easier.
As I said in the previous post... people considering to upgrade the MAC OS to Snow Leopard should be aware that Parallels v3 will NOT even try to work. So a good backup prior should be performed.
All in all, my opinion is that this upgrade (near 5 hours) took a lot of patience and a lot of time. But, if I am as happy with the saftware as I have been, I'm sure it will be worth it. Parallels has been a powerful tool in my productivity and ability to do business.
Thumbs up!