Virtual TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

Yep, I agree. I'm doing product development and testing, and currently have to build a Hyper-V host with my Mac, and then create a fully capable client inside. This works, but is kludgy and uses a lot of memory and disk space to do. Here's hoping the Parallels team figures out how to make this happen!
 
I am wondering why Parallels does not support TPM, I have seen competitive products already support this feature
 
Agreed. I stick on VMware Fusion until Parallels support a Virtual TPM.
In Corporate Windows environments, there is no way around it.
 
It looks like TPM is now a minimum requirement for Windows 11. Is the Parallels team considering bringing vTPM functionality to the the Standard edition of Parallels?
 
Any idea when virtual TPM will be available for the M1 Mac?
Hi Paul. This is the same issue with me. I've been running "Windows 11 Pro" through the Dev channel since it was autoupdated from my Windows 10 ARM license. I even purchased a Windows 10 Pro license back in early May so that I wasn't using an unlicensed demo copy and to support Microsoft for the few applications I have on Windows 10/11. It is running amazingly well and smooth on my Parallels 16.5.1 with the base 4 GB RAM, 256 GB storage, and 2 core 1.00 CPU. I never had any issues updating/upgrading from the Windows 10 ARM Pro license at all on my MBP M1 (16GB RAM, 512 GB HD). Today I was checking my settings as I thought everything was fine as I got no odd popups and decided to take a look at the "Insider Preview" setting. Lo and Behold, it told me that I didn't meet the minimum hardware requirements for "Windows 11" and would have to roll back to Windows 10 (which only worked as a Dev/Insider Preview ARM build to begin with). Reading through the MS site, I believe the factor it isn't officially supported is only because of the TPM 2.0 and inability to activate the virtual TPM on an M1 Mac vs an Intel. Like you, I'm hoping the next version of Parallels will allow this (or a version of 16? as I purchased Parallels specifically so I could run Windows on this M1 MBP). It is supported for Intel, but the KB says only for Intel at this time. Fingers crossed. Even better if I don't have to purchase Parallels again just for this one requirement. Otherwise, everything has been running VERY fast and smooth on this MBP M1. Heck, faster than my Windows PC.
 
Also, if it says that the standard version doesn't have TPM Support, and I see it has, I just bought the (non subscription version) Standard version, will Parallels take it away?
I hope Parallels support can provide an answer to this question. The fact that Standard is not officially supposed to have TPM support is the primary reason I've decided not to upgrade to Parallels 17. As an enthusiast, I cannot afford a Pro subscription. I was willing to pay for the 17 upgrade even though I just purchased Parallels 16.5 a couple of months ago. But if only Pro will have TPM support, I plan to stay with 16.5 for now then abandon Parallels as soon as VMware Fusion is ready for the M1.
 
Back
Top