I'm continuing to have serious stability issues with Parallels 5160 in Tiger. Vista regularly crashes out with a blue screen when it is just sitting there doing nothing, with no program loaded. For a some time it looked as though this was related to running multiple VMs, but today it happened for the first time when Vista was running on its own.
I looked at the event logs in administrative tools in Vista and I find a lot of these error messages:
I've updated Parallels tools again just to make sure but the error messages continue to appear. Any suggestions?
I looked at the event logs in administrative tools in Vista and I find a lot of these error messages:
In most cases these are usually the last messages in the log before the crash, although the crash appears to take place a while after the messages were logged. Since Parallels provides the virtual hardware environment I'm guessing that the error here is in Parallels.AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0x70), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance
GPE: ACPI BIOS is trying to reference a GPE Index (11) when there are no GPE blocks defined by the BIOS. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to read from an illegal IO port address (0x71), which lies in the 0x70 - 0x71 protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
I've updated Parallels tools again just to make sure but the error messages continue to appear. Any suggestions?