Upgraded from P5 to P6 and now no network connection. Running Windows Vista Ultimate and current Parallels tools in P6 on a Intel MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard. Everything worked fine in P5.
Vista shows an Ethernet adapter in the device manager and tries to install a device driver for it on start but fails. I get the following message:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Intel® PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
The system cannot find the file specified
I then went to Intel's site and downloaded ProWin32.exe which is the driver for the above named device. When I try to run that to install it I get an error saying the above device is not installed and it specifically names that device.
I have tried both shared and bridged on the network settings. I have tried uninstalling the "Ethernet Controller" listed in the device manager under network adapters. It will not uninstall it. Acts like it does but when the list refreshes it is still there with an exclamation point in it. Also, my wireless adapter, Airport, is not listed at all in Vista. Both are listed in Parallels devices. Also I ran this without problem in P5.
Need help please, this is a production computer.
tk
Vista shows an Ethernet adapter in the device manager and tries to install a device driver for it on start but fails. I get the following message:
Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it.
Intel® PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
The system cannot find the file specified
I then went to Intel's site and downloaded ProWin32.exe which is the driver for the above named device. When I try to run that to install it I get an error saying the above device is not installed and it specifically names that device.
I have tried both shared and bridged on the network settings. I have tried uninstalling the "Ethernet Controller" listed in the device manager under network adapters. It will not uninstall it. Acts like it does but when the list refreshes it is still there with an exclamation point in it. Also, my wireless adapter, Airport, is not listed at all in Vista. Both are listed in Parallels devices. Also I ran this without problem in P5.
Need help please, this is a production computer.
tk