Visual studio 2013 in guest OS and photoshop in Mac OS X

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CJHornster, Sep 20, 2014.

1. CJHornster

CJHornster Bit poster

Hi,

i am considering to buy macbook pro 15 2014 2.2 i7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD. I want install parallels with windows 8.1 like a hosting system for Visual Studio 2013 and Microsoft SQL manager 2008 ( and 2012). I have about 50 projects in one solution (heavy coding :D) do you think that parallels will run smoothly?

To this I would like to have running photoshop cc (somethimes with illustrator cc) in mac os x. So my guest OS (windows 8.1 with visual studio) will be on desktop 1 and Photoshop will be on desktop 2 - do you think that everything will be running fine without any slow down? and will be applicable for everyday use (mostly writing of code in visual studio)?

PS: now I have dell 15z with i7 8GB RAM geekbench - 5500 (parallels with windows 8.1 accordingly to the internet have 11000)

thank you for your responses ;)

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Should run fine, depends mostly on the amount of RAM you set for Windows, in this case I would suggest a 50%/50% split, 8 GB for each side.

As for the geekbench result, it depends on the hardware, the score might be lower or higher than 11000.