VM Reboots after undocking from Thunderbolt Display Parallels 10

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mikeruoc, Aug 31, 2014.

1. mikeruoc

mikeruoc Member

About 5 to 10 minutes after disconnecting my Thunderbolt Display from my Macbook Pro Retina Windows 8 VM reboots. I do notice that the USB items I have plugged into the display still show up in Windows as connected devices. Please address this as I plug in and unplug many times a day and having the VM crash is very unproductive. Did not have this problems on Parallels 9.

2. Sergei.B43

Sergei.B43 Bit poster

Hello,

Thank you very much for drawing our attention on this issue.

For the further investigation, could please provide us with the additional information:

1. Please provide us with the step-by-step instruction for reproducing this issue.
    2. Generate a problem report (http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 ) right after reproducing the issue and send us its ID number.
    NOTE: without ID number we will be unable to find your problem report.

Looking forward for your reply.

3. mikeruoc

mikeruoc Member

As I mentioned in my message to you. If I suspend my VM before plugging in my Thunderbolt display and suspend it when removing the Thunderbolt display I do not have the issue. Also as I mentioned above this is easy for you to test. I have 2 USB headsets plugged into the Thunderbolt display. If I don't suspend the VM does not see them. Yet they are show in the devices of the machine settings as being connected. I have to remove and then readd them. Then when I unplug the TBD the Usb devices are still showing as connected in Windows. This seems to be the cause of the crash. Please test on your systems as I use mine for work. Let me know if you have any questions.

I really hope Parallels can pickup the pace with fixes. This is a new product on a new OS so I expect there to be issues but the time it takes for responses and fixes to come out is very long. You guys should be ready for this when you release and be prepared to that some high priority bugs will pop up and get them fixed ASAP. I have also posted about this issue. http://forum.parallels.com/showthre...Mac-OS-X-10-10-DP6-All-Windows-Guest-VMs-Slow