VM upgrade

Winston2203

Junior Member
I've just upgraded my parallels software to v 4 (latest build)

Prior to this my v3 software would not work with my current host OS. During the installation I was told that my guest OS was open or suspended and to close it to proceed. Since v3 did not work I was unable to do this and so removed the VM from its proper location to the desktop to allow the installation to proceed. After installation I chose to upgrade the VM by backing up and upgrading.

Back up completed, the upgrade commenced but has now progressed no further than around 50% (step 2 of 4), where it has now been for several hours. Activity monitor tells me the process is not hung. My VM is around 26 GB, I am reluctant to quit the process and start again as this may be normal or I might simply end up in the same situation.

Any help welcome.
 
OK so I force quit the application, tried opening the VM, each time I did this the progress got a little further each time, eventually it worked. Needed to re-activate XP - how very MS !!!

Now all I need to do is figure out why I have no network/internet connection - although I note I'm not alone with this. Will work through the other posts and KB, but if someone has some tips here, feel free to post them.
 
Yes thanks for that, I have 2 installs of Parallels and was able to compare them.

It was the host-only setting that was causing the issues.

Everything seems just dandy for now, even though I'm using an unsupported host OS.
 
Back
Top