vt-d Support asrock P67 Fatal1ty

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation Extreme Discussion' started by beta_crazy2ooo, Feb 11, 2011.

1. beta_crazy2ooo

beta_crazy2ooo Bit poster

Hello,

i have download the trial Version of Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0 and have the Mainboard ASROCK P67 Fatal1ty. In the Bios I have found an option vt-d and have enabled it.

Then I have started my win7 64Bit and installed Parallels Workstation Extreme 4.0. I have created a winxp vm and would to add a vt-d Device under the point configure but it doesnt possible because the option are greyed (The host computers motherboad does not support intel vt-d).

Can anybody help me, to fix this problem. Maybe Parallels Extreme don´t support all mainboards with vt-d support.

greetings

Peter

2. DmitriyB

DmitriyB Member

3. ThomasT

ThomasT Member

Peter:

Despite the lack of official support for your board the bare VT-d support of the mainboard is not enough. You also have to use the right graphics card that has to be compatible to these virtualisation features!
    Quadro FX3800, FX4800, FX5800, 2000, 4000, .... or FirePro (newest available models) are compatible and can be passed to the virtual machine.
    It is impossible to do it with desktop graphics cards and you will need a second graphics card for the host because the card that is dedicated for the VM will not be available for the host at all.
    If you don't have matching graphics cards it will not work.