VT-x is not available - Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DuncanU, Jan 10, 2016.

1. DuncanU

DuncanU Bit poster

vtx.jpg
    Parallels 11 for Mac v11.1.2
    El Capitan v10.11.2 as a VM
    Yosemite v10.10.5 as HOST

Hi. Im getting the error message while in Parallels running Virtual box so i can run Genymotion for Android Emulation. Its saying the following

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)

** I have added a SCREENSHOT to this post **

1. I have confirmed via termainal that i do have VMX
    2. From apple docs it suggests that i should have VT-x turned on being an Intel processor. Im running a macbook from 2011 which
    has a i7 and thats possibly the only clue being that the i7 might be slightly older
    3. but in saying that i have successully ran the genymotion app with virtual box on the same machine but on the host machine proving that it does work and showing that its either a El Captian problem or Parallels problem somewhere.

If anyone has any idea I would love to hear from them. Thanks

vtx.jpg

2. marat_t

marat_t Pro

Hi,
    do I understand correctly that you are trying to run VM inside VM? If so, it will not work as Parallels provides nested virtualization only for Windows and Linux VMs.

3. Richard3

Richard3 Member

boo, I have the same problem :(

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Parallels Desktop provides nested virtualization support that allows you to run Hyper-V virtual machines inside Windows 8, 10 and Windows Server 2012 virtual machines. Not for Mac OS X guest virtual machines.
    Note: Running a virtual machine within a virtual machine may slightly slow down the hosting virtual machine performance.