W10 ver. 2004 shared network is not working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by HonzaIl, Aug 4, 2020.

1. HonzaIl

HonzaIl Member

My two VMs with W10 just upgraded to version 2004 and both lost connection to the internet when using Shared network. When I change to bridged network, it works fine. But in Shared network (recommended) it fails to connect to the world. I have latest Catalina version on 15inch 2017 MBP.
    It worked before upgrade, always in shared netowrk. Seems like some glitch/bug introduced by upgrade to 2004. Is there a solution - apart from switching to Bridged? Is this known bug?

2. MattiasS1

MattiasS1 Bit poster

Just got bitten by the same problem here. MBP 16" running 10.15.6 (19G2021), Parallels 16.0.0 and Windows 10 2004.

3. Hello guys,
    could you please share a bit more details with us?
    Did you reinstall Parallels Tools?
    Are you running VPN on the Mac side?

4. MattiasS1

MattiasS1 Bit poster

I've reverted back to Parallels 15 so I cannot be of more help with live debugging.
    After upgrading 15 -> 16 I installed the Parallels Tools update as prompted. I did not perform a reinstall, simply an upgrade. Windows 10 2004 edition was running fine before the Parallels upgrade to version 16.
    On the host side, macOS 10.15.6 (19G2021) I have TunnelBlick OpenVPN client installed and running (menu-bar icon) but no active VPN connection when running Windows 10 guest.