Wacom pen is now only dragging not selecting after P15 upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Wilkov, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Wilkov

Wilkov Bit poster

Hi,
    Since the upgrade to Parallels 15 yesterday I am not able to select text in a browser window or cells in Excel using my wacom pen. The pen only seems to drag the page (in a browser) or the worksheet (in Excel) around. It looks like it is seen as a touch input instead of being mapped to a mouse-like input.

All involved systems and drivers are updated to the latest version and I have searched all the settings of all the systems and drivers involved but have failed to find anything that corrects it. Did I miss something or is this a bug (sorry, undocumented feature ;)) with the new release.

All help appreciated,
    Wilko

2. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

This is how pen input behaves in Windows.
    If you would like to disable pen support, add
    devices.pen=0
    line to VM configuration -> Boot Order -> Advanced settings

3. Wilkov

Wilkov Bit poster

Unfortunately that is now how it behaved for years up to the most recent update. I use the pen as a mouse replacement, will the devices.pen=0, then also work. In other words can I then use it a mouse replacement?

4. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

It should work as mouse with aforementioned flag.
    Before Parallels Desktop 14, there was no pen support.
    In Parallels Desktop 14, pen behaved as simultaneously pen and mouse.
    This caused problems and was improved alongside with Sidecar pencil support, which will be improved for 10.15 release.

5. Wilkov

Wilkov Bit poster

Shutdown, changed the settings and restarted. Works like a charm.
    Thanks a million

6. camerao

camerao Bit poster

Finally! For over a year I have had to deal with the useless pen support. With pen support enabled it doesn't behave like it does under Windows.

Couldn't move folders or resize windows. Clicking and holding simply didn't work. Had also made videos about it once. https://forum.parallels.com/threads/disable-tablet-support-in-pd14.346018/

Now I can finally work properly again with pen!