Want to Run SOLIDWORKS on macbook air mid 2013 4GB memory..possible?

SamanthaP1

Bit poster
Hello people of the internet,
I am looking to run the CAD program solidworks on my macbook air since I really don't want to buy a PC and I also love my mac. I would like to know how parallels works with my make and year of macbook (specifications below) with a 4GB memory and windows 10 or 8.1.
if anyone could give me any insight I would greatly appreciate it!!

Macbook air mid 2013
Storage1
128GB flash storage
256GB flash storage
Configurable to 512GB flash storage.

Processor
1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

Memory
4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

Thank you to whom ever reads this post,
All the best,
Samantha

 
Solidworks is 3995$ plus 1295$ year, I think you could upgrade your system a bit if you can afford the LIC. You would want min 8GB on the mac , 16 would be good.

You will need min 500GB HD, bigger is better.

where is FLEXlm server located? or is this a stand alone or student version? SW runs best afaik still on win7-64

Also depends on what modules you are running and which version, 14, 15 or 16

SW mandatory yearly support includes answers to all your questions, and help on installation and configuration.
 
Hello people of the internet,
I am looking to run the CAD program solidworks on my macbook air since I really don't want to buy a PC and I also love my mac. I would like to know how parallels works with my make and year of macbook (specifications below) with a 4GB memory and windows 10 or 8.1.
if anyone could give me any insight I would greatly appreciate it!!

Macbook air mid 2013
Storage1
128GB flash storage
256GB flash storage
Configurable to 512GB flash storage.

Processor
1.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
Configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache.

Memory
4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory

Thank you to whom ever reads this post,
All the best,
Samantha
Hello Samantha, The Design profile is intended to meet the needs of Parallels Desktop users who use Windows mainly for running applications such as CorelDraw, Photoshop, or 3D modeling software.
Shut down your Windows virtual machine and Open your virtual machine's Configuration -> General tab, and click Change next to the Configure for: Design.
 
Back
Top