Hello!
I had a hard time installing Ubuntu 7.10 with Parallels running on a MAC.
It all resulted from setting the memory of the guest system to more than 512MB.
After learning that Parallels does not support more than 512MB memory with Linux as a guest system, I was really disappointed. If I knews this restriction beforehand, I would have bought VMWare Fusion (which is even cheaper) instead of Parallels.
Reading through several forums, I learned that this problem exists for a looong time now.
Is Parallels to overcome this restriction in the near future, or should I dump it and switch to VMWare?
I had a hard time installing Ubuntu 7.10 with Parallels running on a MAC.
It all resulted from setting the memory of the guest system to more than 512MB.
After learning that Parallels does not support more than 512MB memory with Linux as a guest system, I was really disappointed. If I knews this restriction beforehand, I would have bought VMWare Fusion (which is even cheaper) instead of Parallels.
Reading through several forums, I learned that this problem exists for a looong time now.
Is Parallels to overcome this restriction in the near future, or should I dump it and switch to VMWare?