Way to keep 2 guest displays in full-screen, but 3rd display in host OS?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DougM5, May 16, 2018.

1. DougM5

DougM5 Bit poster

I have my Macbook connected to 2 external displays, and keep the laptop open and use its screen as a 3rd display.
    I'd like to be able to use the 2 external displays for the guest OS, using the Mac OS full-screen option. I've tried using the "Use All Displays in Full Sreen" option, which gets me close to what I want, however in this mode all three screens go to full-screen with the guest OS. I can swipe on any display to get that display back to the host Mac OS space, but as soon as I click anywhere in the other two displays, the display that was showing the host OS auto-switches back to the guest OS.
    I'd like to be able to keep one of the displays permanently on the host OS so I can easily use an app there and copy and paste back and forth easily between guest and host.
    Is this possible? Or do I have to resort to using non-full screen? And if I do need to use the non-full-screen mode, is there at least a way to still get the guest OS to extend its desktop to the second display?
    Hopefully this makes sense.
    Any help appreciated!!!

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DougM5, You can either assign one display or all of the displays to the virtual machine. ( refer this link for assistance )

3. DougM5

DougM5 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply, AJ. Bummer on no way to do it, perhaps in the future, I'm guessing the Apple API may be the issue.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

For now, you may visit here and post a feature request. This page is under constant review by the management and developers.