Webex crashes Parallels and video goes

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by bhorta1, Oct 30, 2006.

1. lithe951

lithe951 Member

That rocks. Thanks!

2. ableton

ableton Bit poster

Also having this problem - Webex beachball

Hello,

Is there a timeframe on when the fix will be available? I am also affected by this issue. Thank you!

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

It will be included in next beta in two weeks time frame.

4. mtooker

mtooker Bit poster

This is huge news!

Very anxious for the release. Thank you!

5. mcqueary

mcqueary Member

Andrew, so you're talking about build 3094 that was just released today (12/21)?

Thanks!

6. Andrew @ Parallels

Yes. Webex and Livemeeting should work fine in 3094.

7. brabo

brabo Bit poster

My Macbook Pro is running Webex on Parallels (build 1970) without any issues. There were no differences compared with installing on a standard XP/sp2 box. I could not install the Webex OSX PowerPC client so Parallels saved the day!

8. msb

msb Bit poster

Still having trouble with LiveMeeting and 3106 Beta 3

Andrew and all-

I still experience issues when sharing an application (or my desktop) within LiveMeeting under Parallels build 3106. The good news is that Parallels does not crash anymore.

However, once I begin LiveMeeting sharing, the shared applications become very sluggish and sometimes unresponsive. (For example, even if I'm only sharing a web browser such as IE or Firefox, the browser becomes slow and unresponsive.) Also, the mouse cursor flashes very quickly.

Has anyone else had success with 3106 and LiveMeeting application sharing?

Andrew, is this an open issue still being worked on?

Thanks.

9. Andrew @ Parallels

msb,

The problem is that WebEx shows and hides mouse cursor hundreds times per second and it takes all CPU power to that in VM environment. We optimized this but it seems not enough. The problem is not closed and still in work by development team.

10. seanfrazier

seanfrazier Bit poster

thanks.. almost there

Andrew and team,

Thanks for looking into this and taking it seriously.

It's better, but as reported still not 100% workable. In the meantime I have been using Glance (http://www.glance.net/ - they just released a "beta" OSX version) which is working well. It's a little clunky since you can only share your full screen but works pretty well with parallels in full screen mode.

looking forward to the fix.

thanks again.

- sean

11. ericw

ericw Bit poster

Any update on this

Haven't seen any traffice in the last several months; how is WebEx in 3150?

12. msb

msb Bit poster

No improvement in 3150

I haven't tested WebEx, however, LiveMeeting still doesn't work when using the "sharing" feature. The symptoms are the same as in previous Parallels versions: Shared applications are unusably slow/unresponsive, screen flashes, mouse pointer disappears, etc. :-(

13. sharkez

sharkez Member

I'm using 3150 on a MBP C2D and webex works fine, even when I run in Coherence on a 30" screen.

14. msb

msb Bit poster

Does WebEx "work fine" when you share your desktop?

15. finocchi

finocchi Bit poster

Parallels Build 3186 + LiveMeeting - sharing still doesn't work

I have Parallels Build 3186 and experienced (with a customer on the line :mad: ) huge problems with sharing applications and documents. I saw that this issue has been reported several times - is there any patch for 3186 to get this to work? As previously posted by others, my company uses LiveMeeting or NetMeeting so GotoMeeting or Glance.org is not an option. Please help me stay off my Dell and on my MBP 2.33MHz 15" 2 Gb :)
    Thanks,
    Fino