What happens when my Subscription expires?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ScottB4, Oct 4, 2016.

1. ScottB4

ScottB4 Bit poster

I had inadvertently bought a Desktop pro scruscription. It is expired and now in a grace period. I thought it would revert to a basic version, but I gather that is not correct. I am not sure. Will my parallels just lock up? I just bought a Version 11 online, so do I install that when it gets here? I searched for answers, but found only partial answers in the forums. I hope someone can answer this.

Thanks,

2. ScottB4

ScottB4 Bit poster

I guess it is a tough question even for the moderators to answer.....

3. ScottB4

ScottB4 Bit poster

Why have a forum. if it is next to impossible to get a posted. At least the FB guys respond. Well one thing is for sure. I will be looking to get away from the yearly costs of Parallels and have posted my comments online for Amazon and FB users to see. I do tech support also and this is very unacceptable.

4. Nemensi

Nemensi Member

If the subscriptions runs out, Parallels Desktop will stop to work.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, after your Pro subscription expires then Parallels Desktop will be locked until it is activated with an active key. Pro subscription will not downgrade to a standard license. That is the reason we have 1-Time purchase and Subscription in our website if you don't wish to renew every year then you can buy the 1-Time purchase. Yes, you can use the new Parallels Desktop 11 license after the subscription expires and as you are activating Parallels Desktop 11 in Tech Guarantee 2016 period you will get a free upgrade key for Parallels Desktop 12.