I see threads with folks having difficulty with Parallels Desktop (PD) 3.0 and OS X 10.5.
And today I read that there is a beta program for PD 3.0, which I assume is the same product. "RENTON, Wash. October 29th, 2007 -- Parallels, Inc., has released a new beta version of its award-winning Parallels Desktop for Mac, the worlds leading desktop virtualization product, that is certified to work with Mac OS X Leopard, delivering better performance and enhanced usability when running both Windows Vista and XP on a Mac. ..."
This seems to be acknowledgment that those of us with current *released* versions of PD3 are tilting at windmills if we continue trying to use them with Leopard.
I'm loathe to use beta software with an OS I installed only today (since I may have problems related to that). Seems like the best course of action is to wait for a new released version that Parallels technical personnel tell me will work with Leopard.
Am I correct in this conclusion -- assuming I don't want to test a beta version? If so I may install Bootcamp tomorrow and then use that virtual drive with the eventual Leopard-compatible PD3.
Phil
And today I read that there is a beta program for PD 3.0, which I assume is the same product. "RENTON, Wash. October 29th, 2007 -- Parallels, Inc., has released a new beta version of its award-winning Parallels Desktop for Mac, the worlds leading desktop virtualization product, that is certified to work with Mac OS X Leopard, delivering better performance and enhanced usability when running both Windows Vista and XP on a Mac. ..."
This seems to be acknowledgment that those of us with current *released* versions of PD3 are tilting at windmills if we continue trying to use them with Leopard.
I'm loathe to use beta software with an OS I installed only today (since I may have problems related to that). Seems like the best course of action is to wait for a new released version that Parallels technical personnel tell me will work with Leopard.
Am I correct in this conclusion -- assuming I don't want to test a beta version? If so I may install Bootcamp tomorrow and then use that virtual drive with the eventual Leopard-compatible PD3.
Phil