What Version of PDM Runs Under Snow Leopard (10.6.8)?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Frederic Puhan, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Frederic Puhan

Frederic Puhan Member

I'm in the process of reviving an old (2010) Mac Laptop. I'm actually thinking of using it to replace a 2010 MacBook Pro that has suffered the death of the trackpad and the SuperDrive.

One thing I notice is that it runs better under Snow Leopard (10.6.8) than Sierra (10.12.6). Same processor, and when I'm done, same amount of RAM (I'll upgrade the HDD later). Plus, there is software I want to run under Snow Leopard that won't run in newer versions of macOS.

I have a subscription license for three copies of Parallels Desktop for Mac. I updated all three machines to version 15, but found that it broke some of my VMs, so I downgraded to 14 on the older machine (15 works on my newer Macs just fine).

So, my question is twofold: What is the latest version of PDM that I can run under Snow Leopard, and how can I use my license to de-authorize the old machine and authorize the new one?

2. kat

kat Product Expert

For what works with what this Kowledge base article will help you. I don't know if you can downgrade to a license you never owned. I would contact customer support for that information.

3. Frederic Puhan

Frederic Puhan Member

Thanks. I've owned Parallels Desktop for Mac since version 5. In fact, I may still have the media for it...

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Your welcome, I am glad I could help. Older versions are very nice to have.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You can get the download links of all legacy versions here.