When in fullscreen mode, cannot get back to non-fullscreen mode

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JulianP4, Jun 3, 2019.

1. JulianP4

JulianP4 Bit poster

Hit the green button to get to fullscreen mode and now there is no way to get back. I've tried to hover my mouse near the top of the window, on all monitors, but nothing appears. Stuck.

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Try and use key commands:
    Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 4.05.32 PM.png

3. JulianP4

JulianP4 Bit poster

Once I figured that ^ means ctrl rather than shift, then this indeed does work, but having to remember yet another key combination would be unnecessary if the menu bar were to unhide properly from the top. The issue is that one needs to put the mouse at the top pixel-row of the main display and not the top pixel-row of the highest display. When the main display is not the highest display, this is next to impossible. I would request Parallels to have the menu bar unhide in a more user-friendly way for those using multiple monitors.

4. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi JulianP4,
    I am glad I was able to help you with the key command information in order to exit full screen mode. Product Experts are volunteers who use Parallels and try and help other users with their issues. We are not employed by Parallels. There is a thread on this forum that you can post your suggestion: https://forum.parallels.com/forums/parallels-desktop-for-mac-feature-suggestions.769/
    I hope you find this information useful.

5. JulianP4

JulianP4 Bit poster

Hi Kat, thanks for clarifying that you don't work for Parallels; and thank you for your kind help and link to the feature suggestions thread. I'll repost there. Best, julian

6. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi Julian,
    You're welcome. I am glad I could help you.
    kat.