When opening ANY program on Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac the screen focus switches

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BrianE8, May 21, 2020.

1. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

What setting needs to be changed to prevent Parallels from switching the focus of my screen when opening a program from my Windows 10 instance running in Parallels. This is infuriating as the screen flips back fourth at least 2 times for each program opened. If I open several things it is back and forth back, back and forth back, back and forth back, back and forth back and back and forth back.

Please help.

2. Hello, are you using your Parallels Desktop VM in the full screen mode?

3. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

Hello Maria, YES I am in full screen mode and EVERY time I open a program within Parallels the focus is switched back to the Mac and I have to then change the focus BACK to Parallels. It is a nuisance.

4. Do you have Parallels Desktop 11, right? What is your macOS?

5. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5 and I have Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Version 11.2.3 (32663)

6. Actually Parallels Desktop 11 doesn't compatible with macOS Catalina.
    Is it possible to test the same behavior with the latest Parallels Desktop version? You can install the trial version and test it for free.

7. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

This has been happening for some time. I will upgrade to version 15 for $49 and see if this continues. Is this your suggestion?

8. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

Actually I will upgrade to Parellels Desktop Pro Edition now

9. Ok, please let us know if the issue reoccurs.

10. BrianE8

BrianE8 Bit poster

Maria, this issue seems to be resolved by upgrading to the latest version of Parallels. Thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.