Where is list that is shown in Control Center stored?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DHK, Sep 30, 2019.

1. DHK

DHK Member

I have a problem where I intentionally deleted a pvm file, but can't remove the listing from control center. There is a "?" where the OS icon would be and when I right click, the command to remove the vm is greyed out.
    I'm tech savvy and would like to know where on the computer (in Library???) this list is stored, so I can correct it.

Thanks

2. Hi, I've already tested the same behavior and when I right click on the ? vm in control center, I've also got greyed out remove option, but when I click on it, it works and removed vm.
    Also could you please provide us with list which you need to locate?

3. DHK

DHK Member

I tried clicking on the greyed out option and nothing happened... The list I am looking for is the actual source for the list of VMs that Parallels uses to show the list, somewhere in Library or in the depths of Parallels, so I can fix this list.

4. Javed Shaikh

Javed Shaikh Bit poster

Where I can find that PVM file?
    Thanks in advance.

5. did you try this way: /Users/username/Documents/Parallels/ ?

6. DHK

DHK Member

I know where the pvm file is. I am trying to find the internally used Parallels file that lists the names and locations of the the pvm files.

7. You can use the Terminal commands from this user guide and list your VM location in Terminal.

8. DHK

DHK Member

I appreciate the info, but I am using regular Parallels, not Pro.