where is VM hard disk file?

BobInIndy

Member
I was using the v3 trial, and when it expired, had no option but to buy V4 (with no option to review first). So, I will post a bunch of questions to see if I can get anywhere.

In V3 you could see the file for the VM c:\ hard disk in finder. This allowed you to include/exclude it in time machine. I am not sure what it is called, but memory says winxp.hdd.

In V4, I don’t see where the file has gone. There is now a desktop icon to mount the file, but I need to know what the file name is and where it is.

Please advise.
Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:
in /Documents/Parallels/ there is a .pvm file -> right click on it Show Package contents, .hdd file will be there
 
Thanks, that makes sense now.

The follow up question is this:
Using Time Machine - I have an USB back up, that I only want to backup up the PVM bcause I understand it changes contstantly. So, I will do a backup, then exclude the PVM until I want to include it again. The PVM has been included (since I did not know the name to exclude it), but when I look at backups, there is nothing (i.e. pvm) in the parallels folder.

How do you catch the PVM in time machine?

Thanks
bob
 
Back
Top