Which version of "parallels desktop for Mac" should purchase?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by LeeK5, May 23, 2019.

1. LeeK5

LeeK5 Bit poster

My company have purchased "parallels desktop for Mac home" version 5 licenses.
    If My company need to use more than one license additional, what license should Our purchase?
    Do My Company need to purchase "parallels desktop for Mac Business edition" 1 license? or "parallels desktop for Mac Business edition" 6 license?

2. Hi @LeeK5 you can just purchase additional license in an existing business subscription.
    Please check this KB article for more info and let us know if you have any additional questions.

3. LeeK5

LeeK5 Bit poster

Hi @Maria@Parallels

Thank you for your reply.
    I am curious about the license policy.

The version we use is "Parallels Desktop for Mac Home".

I have know that the company can use up to 5 licenses of "Parallels Desktop for Mac Home edition".

I have know that if I want to use more than 5 licenses for "Parallels Desktop for Mac" product in my company, I have to purchased "Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition".

=======================================================
    Parallels End-User License Agreement

1. Parallels Desktop.
    (a) Scope of use of Parallels Desktop other than Business Edition. (PARALLELS DESKTOP for home & student use, PARALLELS DESKTOP PRO EDITION for developers, testers and power users).

Each license key allows you to install and use one copy of the Software on a single Authorized Device. If you have multiple license keys for the Software, you may install a single copy of the Software on as many Authorized Devices as you have license keys. You may only use a maximum of five (5) consumer licenses of the Software within the same company. If you need to use more than five (5) consumer licenses within the same company, then you must purchase a business edition license of the Software.

=======================================================

If my company already have 5 licenses for "Parallels Desktop for Mac Home", What products do I need to purchase when purchasing 1 license more "Parallels Desktop for Mac" product?

Do My Company need to purchase "parallels desktop for Mac Business edition" 1 license? or "parallels desktop for Mac Business edition" 6 license?

4. Sorry my bad. I thought that you already have business license for 5 hosts and need one more.
    So if you've already have 5 Parallels Desktop for Home and need only 1 license, you can purchase Parallels Desktop for Business for 1 computer and once your 5 Parallels Desktop for Home has expired you will be able add new license in your business subscription

5. SteveK11

SteveK11 Bit poster

(Italics above added)
    The above answer cannot be correct, because the Standard Edition license is a perpetual license; it doesn't expire.

My situation is similar to the person who asked the original question. We need a sixth license, which cannot, according to the EULA, be a "consumer license." But none of the three editions you sell on your website are called "Consumer," and the EULA itself never defines "consumer license."
    1. What is the definition of "consumer license"?
    2. When a new version comes out, can we buy Standard Edition upgrade licenses for the five users who already have Standard Edition licenses?
    I look forward to your reply.

6. Hello, are you using Parallels Desktop for Business?

7. SteveK11

SteveK11 Bit poster

No, we are not.
    Can you please answer my question about how Parallels defines "consumer license"?

8. matheewj

matheewj Bit poster

you can buy Parallels Desktop for Business for 1 PC and once your 5 Parallels Desktop for Home has lapsed you will be capable add new permit in your business membership

9. SteveK11

SteveK11 Bit poster

They don't lapse. They don't expire. They are not subscriptions.
    The licenses for Parallels Desktop For Home & Student Use are perpetual licenses. (Perpetual means "never ending.")

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You cannot add more than 5 Parallels Desktop 16 perpetual licenses to your Parallels account. You can buy a Pro or Business license for the 6th license.

11. SteveK11

SteveK11 Bit poster

When Parallels 17 comes out, can the five users who already have Standard Edition be upgraded with Standard Edition upgrade licenses?

12. Hi, if you have any previous Parallels Desktop license (perpetual) you will be able to purchase an upgrade version.
    Unfortunately we have no information about the purchase policy of the newest version until it has been released.
    Thanks a lot for understanding.