Greetings. I’m about one week into my Parallels experience and by and large I think it’s extraordinary. It allows me to run Windows XP on my brand new iMac 20-inch Intel machine, which I loaded up with memory to make everything really rock -- and for the most part it does.
But here’s the thing I’ve noticed, and maybe it’s because I did something wrong when I let Parallels use all the default values in getting me going:
When I resize my XP windows, the resolution doesn’t change. The only way I can bump up my type size -- the resolution, that is -- is by going into properties in XP and manually making the change. I just noticed that the tools automatically installed by Parallels didn’t include everything I’m reading about in the manual. Most specifically, it didn’t put in “Dynamic Resolution Tool.†I’m presuming that’s why nothing happens when I resize XP windows.
Does anyone know why this is? Is it because Parallels doesn’t yet support Mac OS 10.4.10? Or is it because I’m supposed to install that particular tool (and others that don’t appear) manually?
Resizing resolution on the fly would be great. Any thoughts?
Thanks.
But here’s the thing I’ve noticed, and maybe it’s because I did something wrong when I let Parallels use all the default values in getting me going:
When I resize my XP windows, the resolution doesn’t change. The only way I can bump up my type size -- the resolution, that is -- is by going into properties in XP and manually making the change. I just noticed that the tools automatically installed by Parallels didn’t include everything I’m reading about in the manual. Most specifically, it didn’t put in “Dynamic Resolution Tool.†I’m presuming that’s why nothing happens when I resize XP windows.
Does anyone know why this is? Is it because Parallels doesn’t yet support Mac OS 10.4.10? Or is it because I’m supposed to install that particular tool (and others that don’t appear) manually?
Resizing resolution on the fly would be great. Any thoughts?
Thanks.