Why do I need to buy a Windows license???

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ClaireT, Oct 27, 2022.

1. ClaireT

ClaireT Bit poster

I just bought Parallels with the express purpose of using it on my Mac. But now I get annoying pop-up messages and watermarks whenever I'm in Windows telling me that I need to activate a Windows license. If I wanted to have a Windows license, I would have bought a Windows machine! I naively assumed that if I bought Parallels, that would give me a functioning Windows environment - but clearly not.
    Is there anything I can do here, or do I have to shell out more cash or just put up with the pop-ups and the lack of functionality?

2. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, Parallels Desktop for Mac does not include Microsoft Windows, please refer to know more about the purchase and activation of Windows. Thanks.

3. ClaireT

ClaireT Bit poster

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question: do I HAVE to buy a Windows license now? What would happen if I don't - will Windows stop working within Parallels at some point?
    I am quite annoyed that this wasn't made clear prior to purchase.

4. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello Claire, you can use Windows without activation. However, some of the features may not be available for your Windows and you will be getting Activate Windows pop-up. Thanks.

5. ClaireT

ClaireT Bit poster

Okay, thank you for that, it's good to know that I won't encounter any major problems in the future.
    I do still think that you could make this issue clearer pre-purchase though!

6. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any additional questions.