Jigs Gaton
Product Expert
I have one VM running on a Mac Book Air, and is using the setting SCSI 0:1 for hard drive 1, while other VMs I have running on other machines all use SATA 0:1. Is there a reason behind this? Is SCSI used when the machine has an SSD installed? The reason I ask is that the VM with SCSI 0:1 runs like a 3-legged dog, while all my others on other hardware run great. I've gone through all the performance KBs and done everything mentioned within, but still no joy on the MBA. It's running Win 8.1 pro, and I don't see anything there out of the ordinary, except that harddrive reads/writes often spike up to 100% even though CPU is use is low, which led me to where I am today, wondering if the SCSI drive setting has anything to do with it. I sure remember them back in the day, and they were about as fast as a two-legged dog
Well, thx!