Why does my mouse switch to OSX when I move between multiple monitors?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by asfarley, Nov 3, 2017.

1. asfarley

asfarley Bit poster

I'm using:
    Win10 guest
    Parallels 13
    2015 Macbook Pro with OSX Sierra

I don't have any major problems with multi-monitor as described by other users. However, I have noticed that when the mouse transitions between monitors, OSX grabs it (it becomes black). Normally the mouse arrow is white under Windows. I can see that Windows is still getting the mouse position, because there's a white arrow underneath the black arrow. So it's as if OSX and Windows are both using the mouse, after I transition monitors, without clicking. If I click inside the 2nd monitor, mouse control is returned to Windows and the black pointer disappears.

This is pretty annoying because I always have to click twice after moving my mouse between monitors. It also causes strange things to happen when dragging items across monitors; it does work, but it looks like OSX and Windows are both interacting with the dragging function.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AlexanderF2, please reinstall Parallels tools (From Action -> Reinstall Parallels Tools) and if the issue still persists, collect a fresh Problem Report:
    1. Control-click/tap using two fingers on Parallels Desktop icon in Dock > Help > Send Technical Data.
    2. Wait for the Problem Report to be generated.
    3. On the appeared Problem Report window please write a short problem description (scenario) and enter your contact information (name and email address) - then click Send Report.
    4. Reply us back with 9-digit Problem Report ID.

3. asfarley

asfarley Bit poster

Report ID: 226460529
    Here's a video of the issue:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12LQjppGUdiqFGh_l-VbhC4SlLgFllzwh

First off, I don't think the mouse should be grabbed by OSX when it moves across monitors. Secondly, it looks like the hand-off isn't clean; the black and white pointers flicker twice before switching to the white pointer.

4. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

AlexanderF2, that is the bug. We will try to fix it.

5. asfarley

asfarley Bit poster

Closing the loop here, this issue appears to be fixed in the latest release. Thank you!