Why is SW:TOR being so laggy?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Luke T, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Luke T

Luke T Bit poster

Hey guys, started up SW:TOR for the first time last night on my mid 2010 15" mac book pro last night and it worked fine but a few hours into playing this morning it got really laggy and nothing I have done has changed that. I've got swtor at its lowest graphics settings and windowed.

Here are my specs:
    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics Intel HD Graphics 288 MB

In terms of parallels settings, I've got 4 gs of RAM, 254 mb of video memory, and 2 CPUs appropriated with vertical synching and 3D on.

I'm not skilled enough with computers to know how much stuff I should let parallels be able to access to make SW:TOR run smooth etc. or any other reasons this might be happening, so any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

2. EdGonz

EdGonz Junior Member

I have the same issue, plus the mouse/camera spinning issue. I've given my VM even more resources and still the lag. For now I play the game in Bootcamp, since the lag is unbearable and I can't play the game that way.

3. Luke T

Luke T Bit poster

I think my problem was the video card overheating. I put my mac on a portable desk i play with and though the fan was still working hard, the game was not as laggy. Though still only around 20-30 fps not the lowest video settings, it is still now playable.