I get wildly varying estimates of the amount of free (purgable) space on my MacBook depending on whether PD is running or not.
When I boot up the MacBook and go to "About this Mac...storage," I only have 175GB available (none purgable). When I start the vm and check again, I have nearly 330GB available, with approx 200GB "purgable." Which is correct?
I have a 2017 Macbook Pro 15" with a 512GB HDD. I installed PD with a 256GB expanding drive (probably way too large, in retrospect). My pvm ballooned up to 200GB after enabling SmartGuard. Following some helpful advice, I turned off SmartGuard and deleted the snapshots. This reduced the size of the pvm and C drive to around 60GB. I have tried the typical ways to get rid of purgable storage (e.g., turn off automatic backups, iCloud optimization, etc.), but still have this problem.
I am guessing this has to do with the size of the HDD I specified for the vm - any other possibilities?
Dumb question 1: If I set the PD HDD at 256GB, does that mean PD always sets aside the full 256GB only for the vm?
Dum question #2: Is it possible to decrease the size of the vm's HDD? Configuration will not let me do this (This does not seem to be question clearly answered in the forums).
When I boot up the MacBook and go to "About this Mac...storage," I only have 175GB available (none purgable). When I start the vm and check again, I have nearly 330GB available, with approx 200GB "purgable." Which is correct?
I have a 2017 Macbook Pro 15" with a 512GB HDD. I installed PD with a 256GB expanding drive (probably way too large, in retrospect). My pvm ballooned up to 200GB after enabling SmartGuard. Following some helpful advice, I turned off SmartGuard and deleted the snapshots. This reduced the size of the pvm and C drive to around 60GB. I have tried the typical ways to get rid of purgable storage (e.g., turn off automatic backups, iCloud optimization, etc.), but still have this problem.
I am guessing this has to do with the size of the HDD I specified for the vm - any other possibilities?
Dumb question 1: If I set the PD HDD at 256GB, does that mean PD always sets aside the full 256GB only for the vm?
Dum question #2: Is it possible to decrease the size of the vm's HDD? Configuration will not let me do this (This does not seem to be question clearly answered in the forums).


