Will Parallels 4.0 work on Snow Leopard?

Steelbom

Member
Hey, I'm wondering if I upgrade to Snow Leopard, will Parallels 4.0 Desktop for Mac work on it, with my existing machines?

Kind Regards
 
I also saw something about Parallels 4 only running with the 32 bit kernel loaded from Snow Lepoard - anyone know anything about that .. ?
 
Parallels 4 and Snow Leopard

Check the official Parallels Blog today. It highlights Snow Leopard release and says good things about Parallels 4 compatibility. I expect that they work together quite well. There may be, as always, a few shake-down issues and unusual configuration requirements. But the simple answer is Yes.
 
10.6 will boot the kernel in 32bit mode by default on all systems except for XServes so Parallels should work.

Only if you force the kernel to boot into 64bit mode would Parallels most likely not work.
 
It works for me. I upgraded to Snow Leopard saturday morning and I'm running Parallels 4 build 3844 with Vista Enterprise sp1.
 
Problems with Paralells/Snow Leopard

Hi -
I tried to run Parallels after install Snow Leopard.

Got the following error
ParallelsError


I then installed the new Parallels update.

I still get the same problem.

The windows installation works fine.

HELP!
Frank
 
my PD4 says I have the latest version, I have 3844 installed but I see 3846 is available? Can I install on top of 3844 o is there an "update" version that is available and different than the current 3846 download available?
 
The link you suggested only proposes to BUY a new version.

What he wants to know is how to download the 4846 considering he has the 4844.

I know I had trouble downloading the update, because my 4844 would not detect the upgrade.

I had to request a trial version and ignore the bunch of email giving me a trial key. I say a bunch because I had to request a couple of times before I could figure out how to download the trial from the link, since the link is badly configured in the emails I received.
 
Back
Top