Will Parallels Desktop 10 Recognize the VMs of Parallels Desktop 6 and/or 7?

GavinoV

Bit poster
Upgrading to Yosemite from Mac OS 10.6 (Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion). I am fully aware that I CANNOT upgrade to Parallels 10 from either 6 or 7. My strategy is to upgrade the OS first, and then purchase a full PD 10 license, and install PD 10 on Yosemite.

My question is, however, Will PD 10 automatically recognize the VMs I have already created, albeit using PD 6 or PD7?

Or will I have to create new ones from scratch?
 
Hello Gavino,
Well we are glad to inform you that you will not have to create new Virtual machine from the scratch.
So after you have purchased a full PD 10 license and have installed PD 10 on Yosemite, you can follow the instructions as mentioned in the Knowledge Based article below.
http://kb.parallels.com/en/114118
Please write us back if you need any assistance in doing so or if you have any other queries.
 
Back
Top