Win 10 takes ages to be usable after upgrade to Parallels 13

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by bknewhaven, Nov 1, 2017.

1. bknewhaven

bknewhaven Bit poster

Since upgrading to P13, Win 10 takes a long time to fully open. It takes over 2mins to show the icons in the task bar, but if I attempt to open one, all the icons disappear and it takes a minute or so for them to appear again. It takes 4 mins before I can open them. Under P12 I never had this problem. I though Parallels 13 was meant to be an improvement, not a down-grade that has cost me money!

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

3. bknewhaven

bknewhaven Bit poster

My mac conforms to all those and more. The point is it worked fine and opened quickly before, so why has it slowed to a crawl now? The only change I have made is to install Parallels 13. I see on your page advertising it someone saying Windows opened in 6 seconds. I also found it quite quick, not that fast but about a minute. This version of Parallels has made it unusable for 5 minutes or more.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @bknewhaven, please shut down the virtual machine and go to it's VM configuration settings, Hardware -> USB & Bluetooth ->Advanced settings -> untick " Enable USB 3.0" and check out the virtual machine performance.

5. bknewhaven

bknewhaven Bit poster

After a Win 10 update it all sorted itself out, but no idea what changed. So now open speedily again.

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @bknewhaven , glad to know it works fine.
    Thanks